Welcome

Welcome to Nira and Nisha's Kingdom

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mommy, do you love me?

When i was feeding Nisha the other day, Nira came to me and asked if we loved her. Shocking question!

I make sure that I often tell Nira that I love her. I also try my level best to spend atleast a short time everyday with her after work (just to cuddle her) so that she feels secure.

She sometimes say things like "You have to take care of me" or " Will you take care of me?". Sometimes, I feel really bad. She may be feeling left out. She often wants someone (like grandma or grandpa or friends) to stay in the house with her......... If we do not get her what she wants (like toys, etc.), she also feels we do not love her.

We take her out - just Nira, mommy and papa. At times, just Nira and mommy or Nira and papa. This thing is still at the back of her mind though. It comes up when she feels down or upset....

How do you deal with it esp with other siblings around? How do you give him/her that comfort that he/she is loved head to toe? Do share your thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Seetha! This is very normal....You needn't worry...what ur doing right now is perfect...I rem feeling the way Nira is when I was small...Ekta.

LittlePrincesses said...

Cool yaar! Good to see you in the blog. Hope you all are doing great. When coming to Malaysia??

Anonymous said...

We want to come....will call u sometime n plan...wanna see nira n nisha too!!

LittlePrincesses said...

Great! Pls do!